Friday, December 25, 2009

Educational Technology.....Goals.....Future....

In looking back to the last few months in my master's program I have found many interesting things.  The latest course has really helped me to try new things, and to allow others to help show me new things also.  I may know alot of things about the latest technologies, but there is still lots to learn!  To increase student acievement with technology I am going to utilize the 21st century skills within the classroom.  By having projects that students have to collaborate on, and work together on, students will gain more experience and knowledge of the skills necessary for the future work environment.  Even if we are not using technology, I can still prepare my students for the skills and attitudes necessary for the future.  I am laying the ground work for future teachers to add in the other components that students will need.


One goal I am looking to accomplish in the next couple of years is to have mp3 players for students to listen to reading.  I believe that students need to hear good readers and follow along in their books.  I am writing a proposal in DonorsChoose.org to ask for the materials, as well as from families for the players, books, and supplies to continue having the mp3 players available.  Another goal that I would like to attain is to utilize more web 2.0 tools within the classroom.  By having a class website, wiki, and blogs that students contribute to, students can take more ownership and responsibility for their learning.

I have really enjoyed a class that I was able to try out the technology, but also to hear the pedagogy behind them!

No comments:

Post a Comment