Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Report Cards...Halloween....Conferences!

Whew!
It has been a whirlwind!  Each year I get to this point of the year and feel steamrolled and stretched to the max.  I know it is a rollercoaster ride until January after this point, but I am wiped out!  For some reason I feel a couple months behind where I should be in school.  However, my students are doing what they should, lessons are getting completed, students are learning, and yet I have this nagging thought that I need to be prepared for.....something.  At the end of the year I usually wish that I had started something earlier or took more time on certain lessons.  One of my personal goals is to be better organized.  By being more organized I might actually feel like I can reflect on how things are going at school and at home!  If I had taken the time to document my reflections and look at my plans from the year before I might feel better prepared when the whole world gets flipped upside down!

In short....Reflect in my lesson plans so I can look back and improve upon my lessons, and professionalism!

2 comments:

  1. I also feel especially behind this year. Usually I am so organized and I have an immaculate desk, etc. This year its like a tornado hit! Although, this year I have children in my class who are especially dependent on me for a lot of things (in 6th grade!). Last year my kids were really independent. So I am sure that is the reason for the stress on my part. Good luck with your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach K-8 Art. My life it always a whirlwind. I love order and strive for organization. Somehow my tweens just don't get the need...

    My younger kids try so hard and don't quite meet the mark, but they really try. Love it!

    Teaching organization and cleanliness is something we don't often see the result of. Somebody down the line will be thanking us though!

    Looking forward to sharing many ideas and techniques. Take a look at my site and give me some feedback on what I can do do make it better. Not ready for primetime yet.

    ReplyDelete